back to our programmes
Our Intercultural Competencies programmes strengthen individual abilities and organizational capabilities to build on cultural differences and ultimately accelerate global business performance. These programmes foster an environment where people from different cultures optimize the way they work together in an organization. Employees will further learn:
- how to recognize cultural differences and how they might impact daily interactions within an organization.
- how to manage cultural differences in a manner which maximizes communication and collaboration.
- how to develop an environment where people from different cultures optimize the way they work together in an organization or a department.
Examples of programmes include:
- Working and motivating in a multicultural environment.
- Laying the foundations of Cross Cultural Awareness.
- Understanding cultural differences and developing intercultural communication skills.
Benefits for the Team:
- Reduced risk of project failure or delay.
- Increased understanding of cultural differences by team members and stakeholders.
- Improved performance from more efficient and effective teams.
Benefits for the Individual:
- Development of intercultural communication skills to better understand and be better understood.
- Improvement of cross cultural management skills.
- Mitigated risk of intercultural misunderstanding.
Benefits for the Organisation:
- Reduced risk of cultural miscommunication and project failure.
- Promoted understanding of cultural diversity within the organisation.
- Fostered environment that builds on cultural diversity by turning it into a competitive advantage.
What others have said:
It helped bond us as a team and educated us on the background of our friends. Thank you very much for these workshops.
The workshops helped to me understand better some people's reactions who come from a country that has totally different culture than mine and also spot some similarities between my culture and some other people's culture…
I highly recommend Nicola for all intercultural business and personal needs. Nicola possesses the best mix of professional intelligence and savvy smarts. Her workshops and training are not only extremely informative and practical but personally enlightening and fun. Brooke
Relevant Resources & Information:
Tous pareils, tous différents (in French) 2014
Article published in "Vie Académique" of Lausanne University about diversity toolkit developped in collaboration with teachers of UNIL and EPFL including Nicola Winzenried
Vie Académique - UNIL 2014